Isn't it crazy how just changing out your shower curtain makes a room feel better. Anyway I've been thinking about changing up the kiddos bathroom for awhile now and the rowdy rough housing between my son and nephew which resulted with a few of the old shower curtain hooks busted gave me just the motivation to do it. So to them I am thankful (just don't let them know :)!) So anywho this is our new fun bathroom decor. I think with some fun vinyl lettering, vinyl dots on the wall, and some colorful frames with pics of the kiddos playing in the bath will finish it off nicely.
WE HAD A GREAT CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR AND I’LL WRITE ABOUT IT LATER. JUST WANTED TO QUICKLY PUT IN SOME MILESTONES FOR KAMI. 4 MONTH CHECKUP STATS: 11 ILS. 14 OZ. (9TH PERCENTILE) 23IN. LONG (6 PERCENTILE.) SO KAMI LEARNED TO COMPLETLEY ROLL OVER 2 DAYS AGO, (SHE COULD ROLL FROM HER TUMMY TO HER BACK ABOUT 3 MOS. OLD) AND SHE THINKS SHE IS PRETTY COOL. SHE LAYS ON HER BACK AND PULLS HER FEET UP IN THE AIR AND JUST ROLLS RIGHT OVER ONTO HER TUMMY. WE ALL CLAP AND SHE SMILES. SHE IS STARTING TO LOVE TO PLAY WITH TOYS. SHE GOT A FIRST PURSE FOR CHRISTMAS WITH KEYS A LIPSTICK, MIRROR, AND MONEY AND SHE WILL REACH FOR THEM. FUNNY STUFF THE KIDS SAY: HAYDEN COMES INTO MY ROOM THIS MORNING AND I SAY HEY BUD COME CUDDLE WITH MOM FOR A MINUTE AND HE ASKS ME TO TICKLE HIM, SO AS I AM TICKLING HIM I SAY, “DON’T GET ANY BIGGER ON ME K, STOP GROWING.” AND HE SAYS “MOM YOU KNOW ONE DAY YOU WILL BY 37 AND THEN SOON 50!” FUNNY KID. ALSO THE OTHER DAY AS HE WAS GETTING READY FOR SCHOOL I SAID, "C’MON HAYD WE HAVE TO HURRY, YOU HAVE NO SENSE OF URGENCY," AND HE REPLIED, "UM I’M SORRY BUT A GOD JUST DIDN’T MAKE ME WITH ANY OF THAT SO IT’S NOT MY FAULT.” CARSON IN A NUT SHELL- TO HAYDEN THIS MORNING EATING BREAKFAST- “HEY HAYDEN I SPIT IN YOUR DRINK”- IN OTHER WORDS A TOTAL STINKER!” (HE REALLY DIDN’T, JUST LIKES TO TEASE AND BE NAUGHTY!” ALSO THE OTHER DAY HE ASKED ME FOR A STRING CHEESE SO I GAVE HIM ONE, SHORTLY AFTER HAYDEN ASKED FOR AN APPLE. CARSON THROWS AWAY THE STRING CHEESE AND ASKS FOR AN APPLE. I TOLD HIM NO THAT’S NOT HOW THAT WORKS. AFTER HE SAT AND DROVE ME CRAZY I FINALLY GAVE IN, TO WHICH I REPLIED “THAT’S IT, NO MORE SNACKS TODAY,” AND DEREK SAYS “THAT’S RIGHT, DON’T ASK FOR ANY MORE SNACKS.” CARSON SAYS TO DEREK, “SO I DON’T CARE,” DEREK SAYS, “WHAT DID YOU SAY TO ME.” CARSON RUNS OVER AND HUGS DEREK AND SAYS, “UM I JUST SAID I LOVE YOU.” HE’S NAUGHTY AND SMART, BAD COMBINATION! AS I WRITE THIS HE IS LAYING ON THE FLOOR UNDER THE CHAIR I AM SITTING IN ASKING FOR CANDY, AS I REPEATEDLY TELL HIM NO, AND CONTINUE TYPING HE IS SAYING, “HEY-LOW! I NOT GETTING ANY ATTENTION.” CLIMBING ON MY LAP NOW, GUESS I AM DONE.
Our little girl Kami Layne Thatcher joined our family on Sept. 17th at 11:39 a.m. She weighed 6 lbs. 5 oz. and was 19 in. long. I arrived at the hospital to be induced at around 7, I got all hooked up just after 8 and was glad she was here before noon. It was a pretty smooth process and my recovery has been great! The boys absolutely adore their little sister and our very helpful, (sometimes maybe a little much, but we are glad they love her!) My step-sister took our family pics and got some pics of the baby. She did a great job!
Hayden is in the official big kid club, he is now in kindergarten. He seems to enjoy it and is making lots of friends. I'm a little bit of a desperate mom trying to suck in whatever details he can recall from his day. I have to be pretty specific in my questioning or he just tells me he doesn't remember. (Typical male, I guess!) Carson and I miss him while he is gone but we are adjusting. It feels nice to be up and ready before nine, which didn't happen very often around here. On another note we are pretty much ready for our baby girl to make her debut. (OK so I am feeling more than ready!) The nursery is decorated and I love how it turned out! I have to give Derek props for being such a good sport and helping paint, and put up vinyl flowers which is so not up his alley. He hates painting, but got into it more this time because it's for his baby girl. She seems to have him already wrapped right around her finger! As she gets older I'll have to have her give him the honey do list, she'll probably reap faster results. Here's a pic of Hayden all set for his big first day of kindergarten. I will post some pics of the nursery soon.
So I haven't been much of a blogger lately, but what can I say summer is keeping us on the run! I thought I'd include some of our pics from everything from preschool graduation to birthday celebrations, carnivals, camping trips, and swim lessons, so yep we've been busy.
So my Dad has started a new business of home consultation. Most of you that read this are family and already know this but for any of my friends out there who may be thinking of building their own home, or who know someone who is, my Dad could help you through the process. He worked in the home construction business for over 30 years and is a great guy! Here is his website: www.tchomesconsulting.com
My sister-in-law sent me this in an e-mail and I found it amusing.
1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.
2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.
4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.
5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
6. Was learning cursive really necessary?
7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.
8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the Person died.
9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.
10. Bad decisions make good stories.
11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.
13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page research paper that I swear I did not make any changes to.
14. "Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this - ever.
15. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? , but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voice mail. What did you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away?
16. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.
17. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
18. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.
19. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay.
20. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.
21. Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the heck was going on when I first saw it.
22. I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.
23. The only time I look forward to a red light is when I'm trying to finish a text.
24. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
25. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?
26. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!
27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
28. Is it just me or do high school kids get dumber & dumber every year?
29. There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far.
30. As a driver I hate pedestrians, and as a pedestrian I hate drivers, but no matter what the mode of transportation, I always hate cyclists.
31. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.
32. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time!