Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Birthdays, Holidays, and Baby News






My oldest turned 5 last month and I can't believe it. He is such a good, caring kiddo and we are so happy to have him. We had a Transformer birthday party with his cousins to celebrate and he was very spoiled! I made the cake and I think it turned out good. I usually just buy one because I find making one a little intimidating but it wasn't to bad!
The kids had a lot of fun on St. Patricks Day. They worked hard the night before to build a trap to catch a leprechaun but he got away. He did leave some goodies though. The kids also had fun attending all 3 Easter egg hunts we had. (Yikes candy overload, I'm a little scared for the next Dentist visit!)
Our latest news is we are pregnant and due with a September baby. We went to the Doctor last week and she is 95% sure this baby is a girl. We would have gladly taken another boy, but we are thrilled to be having a girl. I keep thinking about all the holidays I get to dress her up for. I had my first little shopping spree for her the night we found out and I can't wait for many many more! If we can just figure out what to name her. Carson wanted to name her Aussie but we're not to big on that suggestion (also it's our neighbors dogs name, yeah so I think we will pass.) We have a lot of changes to make to our house now to get ready, moving the boys into the bigger bedroom, painting rooms, putting in more closets, cupboards, etc. (Oh and we had to get a new car to fit everyone, I love my new Highlander!) So the craziness begins or rather continues!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Girls Rock!

The Hodsons said...

Yeah!! I was wondering when you were gonna make an announcement :)... And a girlie to keep you company in a house full of boys. Congratulations you guys!

ps That cake is awesome!

Katey said...

yeah! Congrats =)